Monday, December 8, 2008

Mojo Monday ~ A Half Hour Card

Last week, a girlfriend from the Diva's Coffee Design Team told me about the Poetic Artistry blog. I went and checked it out. It's really pretty fabulous! Every week, the owner of the blog, Julee, posts a sketch challenge.
So, here's my first whack at a mojo Monday card. This is a really simple card, beacuse i needed to make it in a half hour if i wanted to get it done before it's time to get my angel at preschool. I probably should have used less ribbon, but i had fun making the card. The brad in the center of the "hearts" flower, had a casing. I just removed it from the casing by using the pliers from my crafters tool kit to peel back one of the clasps on the brad. It fell right out and ~ of course ~ i used crystal effects to add it to the focal point of the card.

The sentiment is a rub on. Don't you just love the rubons?? This is a really cute layout and I may play with it again during the week. I like being able to make a card in a half hour.. :) Guess i could have cleaned my stamp room, but what fun is that?

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! I love the pink and black. Thanks for playing! :)

Dori Shelton said...

Cute card! I love the bright pink ribbon and the black flower on the soft pink. Thanks for visiting my blog

chica21b said...

That's a very cute card. Great job on your first Mojo challenge. Julee has awesome sketches! I'm sure you'll be hooked like the rest of us and participate weekly. I try to if I have time. I think your ribbon looks just fine the way it is!