Sunday, December 7, 2008

Why We Do What We Do!

Is this not one of the most beautiful sight's you've ever seen? A little over a month ago, the demonstrator in this photo, Sharon, lost EVERYTHING to a fire. One month later, through the grace of God and generosity of many people, she is doing wonderful and ready to get back to her life.

I was buzzing around on a few of my favorite blogs tonight (getting caught up) and ran across this photo on Gretchen Barron's Blog. I recommend you go read what Gretchen wrote and learn why we do what we do. It's amazing to me that one gesture can be paid forward over and over again.... and now, we are helping people rebuild their stamping supplies, but more importantly, get their lives back and move forward after a disaster as soon as possible. In the big picture, had it not been for Stampin' Up! I would have never been able to be a part of something so much bigger than my small business, that helps me continue to be a stay at home mom or to make so many friendships that I'm sure will stand the test of time.

THIS is where it's at ~ one of those things that just makes life sweet. Please go read Gretchen's post and while you're there, stay and check out her amazing artwork. She is truly a talented stamper and a wonderful person with a big heart. If you are a demonstrator and would like to join the SUDDEN response network, please let me know or you can apply directly through the yahoo site.

Stampin' Hugs,
Selene

0 comments: