Sunday, February 1, 2009

What A Slacker!! Blogger's Challenge is FINALLY up!

I had a busy week but a really good one! Back to back workshops and classes this week and TWO new team members signed up with me today! No excuses, but I finally got a few minutes to myself to stamp something while I watched the come from behind win for Pittsburgh today!

I really love the bloggers challenge group and look forward to see what all the fabulous ladies have stamped from week to week!

Normally I have trouble with masculine cards, but tonight I was in the mood. I'm rather happy with my chef dude and his matching coat. That's a really simple technique called paper peicing. Just stamp your image a second time on some designer paper, and cut it out. I used a 2-way glue pen to glue him to the front of the image on the white cardstock and stuck him down. Easy peasy and totally fun!


Stamps: Viola
Ink: Stazon black, bashful blue, kiwi kiss, Blush Blossom, Banana Yellow, Going Gray
Paper: Bashful Blue, Black, Basic Grey, Whisper WhiteAccessories: Grey Taffeta Ribbon.
Technique: Paper piecing (stamp on the DP, and cut out, use a 2-way glue pen to glue it on top of the main image.

but

11 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

CUTE card, Selene...I haven't used my little chef in a LONG time! Thanks for the inspiration! Go Steelers!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute, love the paper piecing

Rachel Hope said...

NICE!!!!! Love the paper piecing!

Ida said...

Of course it still counts (silly girl) and this is really cute. Love how you paper pieced on the Chef.

Lisa Bohler said...

Congrats on tackling a great and busy week!

This is a super cute card! The paper piecing is wonderful!

Kerry D-C said...

great card Selene!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the paper piecing on his shirt. Congrats on your new team members!

Kristen said...

oh, this is such a cute card!

Connie Fossenier said...

Love the paper piecing and choice of PP awesome..
connie paxman

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Way cute! If it makes you feel better, I was later than you this week! ;-)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so cute Selene! Love the paper piecing! Hope your week is going better! :D