Monday, March 2, 2009

Featured Artist ~ Alicia Menchi ~ Dye your SU albums

I was really excited when my friend and fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Alicia called me the other day and said she wanted to color her natural colored SU! album to a chocolate brown color. Her friend is getting married and the colors are pink and brown. I'm so excited for her and to see how beautiful it turned out!
First, she mixed reinker 1 part, to 4 parts spring water and painted it on with a wide paint brush. She let it dry for a few days. She added some pretties, rubons, and some hardware using crystal effects to stick everything to the front cover. Isn't it gorgeous?? If you can, please leave a message for Alicia and let her know what you think of her creation. I hope you have time to stamp something fun today!
Selene Kempton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fab idea!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! If I wasn't so chicken, I guess I could have over 48 colors of albums. Maybe I will try it sometime! Thanks for sharing.

Millie said...

Gorgeous, I have been wondering how to dye so thanks for the instructions!