Thursday, December 17, 2009

12 Days of Holiday Projects ~ Day 5

Five GOOOOOOlden Rings!!! LOL I was having some fun with the idea of the 12 day's of Christmas song and just HAD to make this card.

So I'm a silly goofball ~ but I hope you enjoy. This card could mean different things to different people, but for me it's poking fun at the commercial side of the holidays. What little I have, I'm happy to share. And I'm blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life that share with me. Doesn't get any better than that.

First, I embossed my 5 diamond rings with gold embossing powder on shimmer white paper. I added dazzling diamonds to the diamond part to color them in.

Next, I pulled out one of my letter sets from sixxix and ran it through, piecing the word seriously together. To do the question mark, I used a stamp and white embossing powder.

Like that green ribbon? Well ~ that's a sneak peek of what's to come... Old olive Satin ribbon is dreamy to work with and so chic. My friend Gretchen Barron sent me a package of love, with things that will be available in the new catalog and this is the first thing I've actually broken into from her package. (I've been hording the goodies and looking at them). ahhhh.

I would also like to mention the most amazing gift I got from 6 wonderful girlfriends from the 411 blog. in no particular order... Lee, Robin, Gretchen, Tiffany, Connie and Patti sent me the most fabulous card and touching, heartfelt gift for Christmas. I am overwhelmed with joy and thankful for awesome friends.

Each one of these ladies are hardworking, family driven, beautiful people and I'm thankful to Stampin' Up! or I would have never met them.

Blessings to you all..
Selene

0 comments: