Friday, January 22, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 135

It's been a busy week here at the Kempton camp. My hubby has been working on a big project at work, putting in extra hours and I have worked every night this week! I'm not complaining, in fact... I'm thankful that I'm able to work. However, I'm looking forward to a little R&R with my family tomorrow. I may hit the fabric store to buy some goodies tomorrow to play with my bigshot and NEW sewing machine. :) Quick story ~ I called my hubby's aunt today to ask about what I should be looking for when I shop for a machine, and about two hours later, they showed up on my doorstep with one.. Wow! Now I have no excuses, I need to learn how to work it!

Tonight I had a friend here and we made two really cute on board albums for her children.. I may post those later this weekend. She just walked out the door about 40 minutes ago, so this is my card for the 411 Sketch challenge for this week. It's really quite simple and very PURPLE. :) I used eggplant envy and amethyst with whisper white. When watercoloring the image, I added some so saffron (for effect), but I wanted to keep this card as clean as possible. I used my new embossing folder (which I cut with my tabletop papercutter) to make a row of polka dots 6 dots wide. This simple sketch could have you cranking out cards quite quickly, so give it a try!

Last week one lucky player on the 411 blog won secret blog candy just for playing! Maybe you'll be next!

TGIF!
Selene~

13 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

whow Selene! This card is soooooooooooooooo super soft and so pretty - the colours are really great together and I wish I had an ease with words cause I would say so much more!
But please know that I think your card is so very pretty and I love the combination and the details you put into it
thank you for inspiring!
oh and thank you to you and the operators of Stamping 411 for showcasing my card. I honestly feel so honered and it touches my heart that you all think that card is worthy!
So I thank YOU!
hug to you Selene

Kerin said...

This card is SO beautiful! I love the color combination and the pretty softness of your card...gorgeous!

RuthieB said...

This is gorgeous and elegant!!!

Diane McKern said...

Love this card! So soft and pretty.

Patti Chesky said...

It's purple. I LOVE purple!! This card is so soft and serene. Anyone would love to receive it (especially your friend in icy MN who happens to adore purple). LOL!!!

Have fun playing with the sewing machine. I can't wait to see what you make!!!

Barbara K said...

Love it. And I don't even like purple. I spent the afternoon packing up Stamping Stuff as we will be on the move this week. Sorry I can't play - but will tune in next week.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Oh I love this card, but you knew I would. So simple, clean and elegant. It's just a springtime breath of fresh air. Yummy!

Linda Callahan said...

Makes me yearn for spring - beautiful colors - perfect with the white ribbon! Love the work you all do at Stamping411 - thanks so much for showcasing my card last week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card my dear - I love all the purple and how soft and pretty it is. Fabulous job!

Ret said...

Oh,Selene, I just love this!! My favorite color is purple! It is so serene and soft looking. I really love the effect, with half the card embossed & half plain, really beautiful! Love the little flower on the bow, you really did a lovely job on this gorgeous card.

Ruth M said...

Such a soft & pretty card, lovely serene colour combo. Love your dotty border too!

jaydee said...

Selene, I just LOVE this card.... It's gorgeous and soft and luscious. Absolutely love it. I'd never thought to use the stamp like this.
thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous creation
hugs
jaydee

Connie Babbert said...

Selene, I love the soft colors you used on your card! Beautiful... Have fun sewing! I need to get some fabric, too!