Friday, April 9, 2010

Bloggers challenge ~ Altered item

This was SO simple to do, I feel like I cheated! I've had this plain jar floating around my stamp room. I put all my ribbon scraps in it, then when I'm looking for a small piece, I go to the jar first! Well, I got my preorder for the summer mini catalog that will be coming out in about 3 weeks. Sitting in my preorder were these decor elements chalkboard labels.

Well you're in a craft studio... My ribbon jar shouldn't go undecorated, now should it? Now I just need to work on my "chalk" handwriting. :) I was thinking I could do wine bottles and jugs that end up at my house from my great customers who like a little vino while they stamp. When the wine is gone, i'll be able to reuse those containers and have them labeled appropriately. If I decide to turn this jar into something else, I'll just use my stampin mist to remove the word ribbon, and using {my daughters sidewalk chalk again} write something else on the jar! Way fun!

I'm so looking forward to see what the other bloggers challenge members are up to this morning. TGIF!

I'll be in the studio stampin this morning!
Rubbah hugs,
Selene~

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man - I didn't order these and now I'm kicking myself! I have those exact same jars in my studio!
Super cute Selene!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute ribbon jar!

Basement Stamper said...

cute ribbon jar and those chalkboard labels are cool!

Patti Chesky said...

I didn't order them either!!! So cute!!!!

BarbaraW said...

What a cool idea. Not only altered, but recycleable.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this idea- what a great way to store scraps! TFS

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this idea- what a great way to store scraps! TFS

Chrissy D said...

Selene - FABULOUS! Very cute!

Tami Black said...

Sister, when I did mine, I didn't know about yours and who says you stink at altered items! I'm a huge fan of EVERYTHING you do and have never once thought something you did stunk. That said, I am so loving you did a ribbon jar today too -- it makes me feel like I didn't just wimp out!

Ida said...

Nice Ribbon Jar.

tonistamps said...

Awesome to see those chalk board elements on something real! Great job!

Connie Fossenier said...

Now how creative with a jar...and you can see and pull your ribbon..
Love it...and very innovative.
connie paxman

Lori said...

Great idea for the chalkboard label!

Unknown said...

Great idea Selene!! Mine just arrived and I an now inspired to pull them out and decorate my craft room!!

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute...love the new decor elements! {SMILES}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a cute idea Selene! Great jar! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

Stinkin' cute way to complete the challenge AND solve a storage problem! Super cute jar!

MJ said...

fun, I love these chalkboard decor elements.

Barbara said...

GREAT way to organize....AND the jar looks fabulous! You're right, writing with chalk is not as easy as it looks!

Marsha Fisher said...

LOVE this! These are already on my list for my ribbon jars...:-)

Sheryl Dickinson said...

This looks terrific! I want to try one of those chalk decor elements too!

Anonymous said...

Another useful & great project! I have some old canning jars--I'll have to do give this a try!
Nola
P.S.-It's now Thursday and I'm finally viewing these--Sorryabout that!

Rachel Hope said...

Great idea!!! I need those Labels!!!