Monday, January 17, 2011

Mojo Monday ~ Home From Leadership


Well, I'm back from Stampin' Up! leadership this weekend, and I'm still quite tired. We were busy from early in the morning, and stamping and partying late into the night!

I decided to try out the mojo monday sketch challenge this morning to see if I could get back into design a little.

I just love the seam binding ribbon on this.. I saw this cute little trick at leadership. You just pull one of the middle strands of thread from the middle of the ribbon, and it gathers in the center.

For this card I did the same thing on both sides so it would gather in the middle from both ends and be even..

I just love this stamp set Greeting Card Kids. I find myself going to it over and over again. The springtime vintage paper is a nice change from the "pink" I see in my mind when using this set. This little girl reminds me so much of my sweet daughter, so I always seem to reach for it.. :D

Have a wonderful week! I'll be back with photos and sharing my swaps from leadership over the course of the week!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

12 comments:

Holly Jordan said...

Very nice card!!! I like the ribbon detail, very neat thanks for sharing the how to. Great coloring on the little girl :)

Tiya-B said...

love the card, and the ribbon trick.

jjcreations said...

Very sweet Mojo card. Love the colours and all the elements.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Thanks for the ribbon tip :0) Love your card... so very cute!

Debbie Henderson said...

I agree Selene, it's not even February yet and I'm so sick of pinks & reds. Love the colors you used and glad to see you made it to leadership!

Diane said...

Oh how lovely! Love the ribbon!And the image is adorable!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

this is so adorable and reminds me of the Dick and Jane books from when I was in elementary school. I know it was a very long time ago but it is very nostalgic. I especially like the shading and choice of paper you picked. Lovely!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is so cute! Great job!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I love the colors you used!

Lea L. said...

This is super adorable! That ribbon is just fabulous too! Great job with the Mojo sketch! ♥♥♥

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This as fab love the ribbon and those large buttons...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx