Monday, April 25, 2011

Mojo Monday ~ Recess

Good Morning Friends!

When I saw this morning's sketch from Mojo Monday, I looked at some of the elements still on my table and decided to use those!

I cut a standard card base down to 4 1/4" square. The circle in the middle is a 3" circle cut with the big shot and then stamped with the little girl on the slide from the new set "recess" which is coming out on May 1st. The pacific point layer beneath that is the scalloped circle die #2.

The dsp is lined with the ribbon border punch and a layer of wild wasabi card stock. Next ~ I tied a piece of organza ribbon on.. This ribbon is only $5.95 for 15 yards and it seems to go forever. It's girly enough to use on this card, but is also very appropriate for more formal cards. It's definitely a "go to" ribbon for me.

I used the XL label punch for the happy birthday. I punched twice.. once to punch the larger punch with the happy birthday, then at at a 90 degree angle, I punched again to form the cool shape in the upper left.

I water colored the main image.. For more info on how to watercolor with markers, click here for my free tutorial.

That's all for me this morning... It's club week here in my studio so I need to get ready for my stampin buddies coming through this week! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Selene Kempton

5 comments:

loz said...

This is sooo adorable Selene..Loz

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super,super cute Selene!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Your watercolor technique does a terrific job - and this is a sweet and fun card. Makes me long to go down a slide again - I know this dates me but I remember using "wagon wheel" (cookie) wrappers to sit on to go fast, they were waxed! Haha, thanks for bringing back that fun memory.

Your card is darling.

~ Barb

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is adorable! Love that fun slide! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is adorable!