Monday, June 13, 2011

Mojo Monday 191

It's SO dark in my studio today! It rained all weekend and the lighting is so dark for photographs, but, it is what it is! :D

I'm really happy to be playing along with the gang at mojo monday today. It's been WEEKS since I've been able to play.

Today's card is already addressed for mailing to one very special lady!

Measurements:
Base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Whisper white 4 x 5 1/4"
Layer 3: 5 1/4" strip, cut with the lace ribbon border punch 122362 (available July 1st)
Layer 4: Scalloped circle (big shot)
Layer 5: 3" circle (big shot) cut from the new Flirtations Specialty paper 122360 available July 1st
Layers 6-9: Butterfly cut from the big shot (i used the flip side of the purple pattern for the butterfly.

I {heart} the new wisteria wonder color that is coming July 1st paired with regal rose ~ so pretty! I got this paper in a preorder for demonstrators. :D I used the new lace ribbon border punch for the center panel and then embossed the white panel over it. I added 3 buttons and a tiny strip of the purple paper in the center to look like a stitch. I cut the butterfly out of the flip side of the purple dsp you see for the 3" circle, and then just added layers! For the butterfly body, I used rhinestones. :D

I finished the inside with a strip of the lace ribbon border again.. boy it really finishes the card! So pretty and regal looking!

It's really nice to be in the studio and creating. I'll have plenty more to share over the week including projects from my team meeting last night. Have a wonderful week!

Selene Kempton

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Stunning Selene!
B-

Kasia said...

Beautiful card!

Ret said...

This is soooo beautiful, Selene. I'm sure she'll appreciate such a gorgeous card!

Miranda said...

As usual your card is amazing!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS Selene!!!