Monday, June 27, 2011

Saying goodbye to "cheers to you"

Good Evening Friends!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Here's another cute card that we made at my $2 event last week.

We'll be saying goodbye to this cute set on Thursday too! A few of my friends that came painted theirs with crystal effects and will be picking up the cards this week during club.

First, we stamped the image in stazon ink. I really favor that ink when watercoloring, because it doesnt move. Next, we squeezed the ink pad and picked up the rose red color for the drink and the straw and strawberry with an aqua painter and filled it in.. So darn easy!

If you look at the center piece of designer paper, the cloud pattern on top, is the back side of the printed pattern on the bottom. So I cut a piece of 12 x 12 down to 3x4, then cut again so I had a 2 inch strip and a 1 inch strip. I ran a ribbon/bow across the center panel. The layer beneath that is cut 4 1/4" x 3 1/4", to form the 1/8" border all the way around the centered DSP. If you take a piece of regular 8 1/2 x 11" and cut it on the 8 1/2" side first at 4 1/4" then you get six pieces from one sheet! I love no waste. In addition, I punched the label underneath the cheers to you sentiment, from the little pieces of rose red leftover.

the base is 11 x 4 1/4" and I pre-embossed those pieces to help the class go a little more quickly. Such a cool stampset! Although when stamps retire I do try and sell my personal stock, there are some that I will never part with. I can't imagine ever selling this set. I mean, what would I do on st patty's day without making a "green beer" card?

If you do not already have a demonstrator and would like to place a Stampin' supplies order through me, you may do so at my online store anytime. Thanks in advance!

That's it for tonight!
Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

0 comments: