Friday, July 15, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 212

Good Evening Friends!

It's time for another Saturday Sketch challenge from the operators at stamping 411.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this weeks sketch and card! I used this for an organized swap that I'm in and I hope they love this card as much as I do!

So how about some measurements!

Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4", blushing bride
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4", whisper white
Layer 3: 2 x 5 1/4, blushing bride, with a decorative punch (takes a 1/4" inch off)
Layer 4: 1 1/2" x 5 1/4, striped DSP
Layer 5: poppy cardstock cut with a top note die and embossed with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder.
Layer 6: 1 3/4" circle punch, then ran through the big shot with the polka dot die
Layer 7 (icecream triangle) is the pennant punch
Layer 8: build a cupcake punch for the ice cream top. Notice how perfectly the glitter is on each dot of the ice cream? Well I used tombo multipurpose adhesive, and dotted the glue on, then just sprinkled the glitter over and let it dry. I put this layer on with a dimensional
Layer 9: (hello sentiment) is the decorative label punch. first I punched out a whole one, then stamped "hello" on each side of one cut out. Then I flipped the punch and punched again, just leaving the tiny sentiment.. So cute!!
Layer 10: I used some blushing bride twill.

So here's another peek at the sketch.

I will not have my computer while I'm away at convention but will have lots to share come sunday I hope! :D

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

3 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

I absolutely LOVE this Selene ~ and I know those you are swapping with will also enjoy this card ~ have a wonderful day and enjoy convention ~ oh duh....of course you will :-)

LeAnne said...

Awesome card, Selene---the sketch is great, I sure hope I have some time to play! It was wonderful meeting you at convention! Participating in the challenges is so much more fun when you have met the creative people behind the scenes!!!

Rose said...

Very cute ice cream cone card, love what you've done with the layout.