Friday, October 21, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 226 ~ My Girlie Ghost

Good Evening Friends,

This week's sketch over on stamping411 is my creation... Now, as I was looking at the sketch, I thought to myself... What was I thinking??? Those panels are a little weird for the background, ey?

Having seen some super cute projects over on 411 over the past few weeks, I decided to case some of our readers... I'm not sure where the original idea came from to use the owl punch to make a ghost, but I'm diggin it!!! You just punch one out, and cut the feet off. Flip him/her over and you're good to go!

I also went back in to punch the black circles for the eyes.. There's no stamping on this card... I used a white gel pen to make the *sparkle* in her eye and to write on the bag freehand.

For the candy corn, I cut some pumpkin pie and daffodil cardstock to 2" strips and glued it on top of some shimmer white. Then I freehand cut the candy corn.. isnt it cute? I went from not knowing what to do with this sketch to something so creative, all because of my cute little girlie ghost. If my daughter were to dress up as a ghost for halloween, she would require lots of glitter and of course a BOW in her hair! So I thought this would be a good girlie ghost card. I added the scallops to the top of her loot bag with a gel pen also. I sponged the ghost with grey. (i thought black would be too much) and it looks like she's been out trick or treating at the campground. (which we did on Columbus day weekend).
I'm not sure if you can see the black satin ribbon in this picture. I put a layer underneath the thin ribbon in front of the candy corn, but didn't want to add a weird stripe to the front of my candy corn.

On to measurements:
base: shimmer white 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4", pumkin pie
Layer 3: 4 7/8 x 3 5/8" basic black.
Layer 4: candy corn described above
Layer 5: 1/8" taffeta and 5/8 black satin ribbon (about 5" of each)
layer 6: owl punch upside down with the feet cut off to make the ghost
Layer 7: 1"square punch to make the bag, I cut it down to a rectangle and then rounded the corners of the bottom of the bag. then attached my scrap piece from making the bow to the handle.. no waste!!! love that!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

7 comments:

Rose said...

OH my gosh, this is so stinkin' cute. Your little ghostie is adorable.

Jen W. said...

Selene, I love this! It's sooooo cute and that giant candy corn in the background is fabulous!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Absolutely adorable Selene! This card is over the top cute!

Diana Eichfeld said...

This is too clever Selene, I love it!

Patti Chesky said...

You've put a lot of love in this card. I love, love, love your little trick-or-treat bag! So cute!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Your Girlie Ghost!!! How cute is this??? What a great idea. Love the little bag!!!

Unknown said...

This is too stinkin' cute!! Love it!