Friday, October 28, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 227 ~ Recycling toothfairy

Good Evening Friends...
Another simple sketch from your stampin411 operators.

Before we get started, I have a cute story my daughter told me today. Yesterday, during breakfast she lost a tooth. She *gasp* forgot to check this morning to see if the tooth fairy left her something for her tooth. Well her little friend Rylee has been getting $5 a tooth, so Alexis was sure that she better be getting the same.... awesome. Is that the effect of inflation now?

Anyways, Alexis told me today that when the tooth fairy takes a tooth from under a child's pillow that she gives it to a new baby so that he/she may have it until their big teeth grow in... Awwwwweeee. These are the times when I really love that I pick her up after school. I'll be working all weekend and through the middle of next week at my newborn photography job, but a part of me will wonder if God has given one of her teeth to a new baby like she said! My creative sweet thing! I guess if I have to be working away from my family on a weekend, that it will be good to keep them with me (in my head) while I'm there. Thanks for letting me share that. I hope it made your heart smile.

On to this week's simple sketch. I really did keep it simple and stuck to the sketch! :D I got a quick peek at some of the operator submissions and chuckled a bit to see that Tammy and I chose the same paper! That is bound to happen! :D

Measurements:
Base: 11 x 4 1/4" scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: Espresso 5 1/8" x 3 5/8"
Layer 3: Holiday designer paper cut 5 x 3 3/4".
Layer 4: Red satin ribbon and a gorgeous bow, using operator Lee's magic bowmaker
Layer 5: ornament punched shape..

You cant tell from the photo but I used shimmer white for the punched shape, so it's sparkly, then sponged the edges with real red to match the paper and ribbon.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. We have a major snow storm ~ 6-10" of heavy wet snow in the forcast ~ (before Halloween) headed our way for this weekend. Say some prayers with me working in the middle of the storm... it is what it is... At least I can still stamp 4 fun!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

4 comments:

Lynn said...

What a sweet story! I love hearing what our little ones think. Gorgeous card Selene!

Amy said...

Ok, Rylee has only been getting $5 because 1) of the traumatic losses she's experienced or 2) that dang tooth fairy forgot change! lol

She now has a basket of $1 bills for the future ;)

Cute card btw ((((HUGS))))

Carrie Gaskin said...

Really cute story, thanks for sharing it! And this card is a perfect quick holiday card but that bow totally "riches" it up. Great job!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

That's the little mini you in her...you know that right?
Love the story give Alexis a hug from me.
Love the card too. Bringing in the red ribbon cranked it up a few notches. Love it!