Monday, November 21, 2011

Over the top ~ (Dazzling) Diamonds Birthday

Normally, I would tell anyone that one of the "rules" of good design in cardmaking is knowing when to stop. However, whenever I ask my sweet daughter Alexis if she likes a card that I've made she always says "it needs a little more glitter". She says this even if I think I've reached my glitter limit for the year! Tomorrow is my daughters 7th birthday and I HOPE that this one is up to her standards.

With that being said... ya ready for this one?
I started with the stampin up glitter paper in silver, and painted it with water and melon mambo reinkers. I set that under my heater and gave it some time to dry. While waiting for that, I pulled out some shimmer white paper and stamped my cupcake and sentiment. I used watercolor crayons and blender pens to color the fun cupcake and then proceeded to add some more bling to the top of my cupcake! I added self adhesive rhinestones and punched glimmer paper. Then, of course, in cool alexis style I added more glitter to the top ( and to the black layer all the way around) using a two way glue pen and dazzling diamonds.

When the glimmer paper was dry, I cut a piece down to 3 3/4" x 3 and adhered that to my embossed melon mambo layer cut to 5 x 3 3/4". I used the vintage wallpaper die to emboss that layer.

Next, I added a string of bling on each side of my designer paper to really poke her in the eye.. :D I added melon mambo polka dot ribbon ribbon from the stampin' up clearance rack (only $3.99 hurray), and 3 awesome self adhesive stones.

So, talk to me! Do you think she's going to ask for yet more glitter? I personally wouldn't be surprised. I can't believe my little girl is turning 7! Where does the time go!?!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi there Selene, it's been way too long since I've stopped by! I love your daughter's card! So pretty...and a girl's got to have all the bling in the world!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Paper Potter said...

This is adorable! I just had two girl grandbabies this year and another one of our daughter announced this weekend she was pregnant again and hoping it was a girl. I've already pinked myself out with the Christmas dresses, but this card is just too precious! I LOVE that you painted the silver glimmer paper!!! I was wondering if we could. TFS, Celia

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Selene! Wow, what a beautiful sparkly card for your precious daughter! I love it and she will too. My daughter just turned 8 in October and I'll have to show her this card because I know she would love it too. I didn't know about coloring the glitter paper...way cool. Isn't it funny how their sense of style can be so differnt from our own! Hoping you have a great birthday with her and a nice Thanksgiving too.

Amy said...

It's Pinkalicious!! I love it!!