Friday, November 18, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 230

Good Evening Friends!

It's time for another fabulous sketch challenge from your friends at stamping 411! This week Gretchen was at the sketch board. When I saw this sketch, I thought that I wanted to do something with this fantastic set I purchased of the holy family.

I stamped the image on watercolor paper (2 3/4" square) and watercolored it with markers. I should also mention that I drew in the cow's spots randomly. I had this card made quite a while ago for this sketch challenge, and I showed someone at work. She had me make 8 of them for her. Too cool! It did take a bit of time to water color the image, but I find that relaxing.

How about some measurements:
Base 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4" cherry cobbler
Layer 3: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" vanilla (embossed with the vintage wallpaper embossing folder)
Layer 4: scalloped square from the big shot
Layer 5: watercolor paper, 2 3/4" square

it's really a clean and simple layout. I sponged the 3rd layer with cobbler to soften it up a little. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Sweet card, Selene--love the watercoloring!

Janny said...

I love this card! Could you tell me who carries this stamp set. Thanks
stampinjanny@gmail.com

Tammy Fite said...

This is gorgeous! Your watercoloring is awesome, and I love the sponging!!!

gbarron56 said...

Selene, this card is just darling and the colors are so vibrant. Perfection!!! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

The colors are so vivid!!! I just love how you watercolor!