Friday, January 20, 2012

Saturday Sketch Challenge 239

Good Evening Friends! It's time for another fun sketch from my buds at stamping 411. This week Gretchen Barron took a turn at the sketch board. I (of course) took some liberties with the sketch. I had so much fun!

I made this pretty card for a friend who has taken a bit of a break from stamping. I got a note from her that she received the card and that it brightened her day. That makes my heart happy! It's actually very sparkly in real life. For this one, it's most certainly prettier in person.

I struggle with some of the new brighter in colors, but this new ribbon is just to die for! The ribbon will be a sale a bration reward when SAB starts this coming Tuesday. So fun! The butterflies took the place of the 3 circles from the sketch (below). I could see them braking out of the "circle" and flying off.. :D The designer paper is the gray pattern from the Twitterpatted designer series paper pack. it's so pretty!!!

So let's talk measurements.

I started with a Calipso coral base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: 5 1/4" x 4", whisper white
Layer 3: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8", basic grey. I cut a 3 inch circle from this layer to expose the layer below. Then stamped the leaves on the white layer.
Layer 4: 3 3/4" x 1 1/2" twitterpatted dsp
Additional layers are all cut out flowers and butterflies. The "inspire" was stamped on a 1/2" piece of scrap paper, then sponged. I added LOTS of glitter on top.

So, here is the fabulous sketch we got to work with. Pretty fun! If you have time to play along this week, just post your card somewhere online and link back to us over on stamping 411. We cant wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by to see me and for those of you who leave me comments, just know I appreciate you more than you know! (((hugs)))

Selene~

9 comments:

gbarron56 said...

Selene -- this is such a beautiful card. It has a wonderful Asian feel to it! Just lovely. Blessings, Gretchen

Rose said...

Very pretty, love the colors and that basic gray dp!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Selene! Love the bright flowers and this new ribbon. I have trouble using c. coral too and it looks really pretty toned down with the darker papers. Really pretty!!

Juliette Chapman said...

This is gorgeous Selene. I have to agree that ribbon is to die for and works really well here with the darker colours.

Tammy Fite said...

This is gorgeous! Those butterflies look like they're about to take flight!

Kelly-Ann said...

As usual another beautiful card! You really have the eye for creativity!

Erna Logtenberg said...

I LOVE this card!!!

Patti Chesky said...

We are such opposites. I love the bright colors and struggle with gray. You've mastered the use of both, my friend!

Unknown said...

Hey Selene!! This card is gorgeous!! I love love love it!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #50 with a link back to your blog on 1-29-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com