Thursday, May 3, 2012

More Sneak Peeks!

Good Morning Friends!

In my excitement to stamp with the "firm foam" stamp pads some more, I started playing again this morning.

This time I used the "Floral District" Designer Paper that's on sneak peek right now.

Much to my dismay, there are no 2012 in colors in the paper. Boy, was I surprised when I tried to start putting the colors together.  :)

Here are the colors in this designer paper:

Floral District ~ Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White

There's lots of pretty colors to choose from and a big selection of prints and solids.  I'm able to show a few with this fun layout.  I actually went through of my own sketches from stamping 411 this morning and found this old friend.  




Boy this brings back some memories.  I love the clean lines.  I could have stuck more closely to the sketch, but I wanted to show off some of the new FRAMELETS!  There are three of the shapes in the apothecary accents shown.. The one with the flowers is actually only a piece of one.  I took my 3 sheets of designer paper, and cut them at 2".  The framelets fit inside the 2" window for each of these pieces fairly easy! 

The stamp set is going to be a new hostess set, called "A Cherry On Top"

I tried a new ribbon trick I saw on pinterest, but I think my bow is a little frumpy.. You tie up a bunch of straight pieces and the knot is in the back.  it would be a good way to use up scraps, but I'm not loving how mine turned out.  Perhaps I need to try with a different white ribbon.  my satin frayed a bit.  


You also may not be able to see it from the picture, but I really gooped on the dazzling details.  I just dig this stuff!  My ink moved a bit, but it just looks like sugary frosting!  I omitted part of the image to stamp my happy birthday.  The image actually reads "happy birthday with a cherry on top.  It's adorable!  



That's it for now!  I'm off to play some more.. Have a wonderful day!

Selene Kempton

0 comments: