I've been wanting to share this cute little coffin project for WEEKS! However, when Stampin' Up called and asked me to present in Providence, I saved this project for them!
Well, I've finally got my act together here (and the internet back) and I'm ready to show you how to make this STINKIN' CUTE pocket with the coffin die.
So, if you follow my blog, hopefully you'll remember this project from a week or two ago. I took the very cool Ghoulish Googlies favor bag kit and made these cute bags at my friend Diane's workshop.
Well, because the kit has 10 bags, and 20 tags that you can stamp and decorate, I decided I needed another project to use up my supplies. Form sometimes follows function. :) If you missed that post you can read about how I made the bag at this link.
The coffin is SUPER simple when you use the petal cone die
and make 4 simple cuts. Here's how you make the coffin.
1. Start by cutting out a petal cone die. I used a half a piece of black card stock cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Page 180, item number 106959 because it will go through 3 layers at a time without a problem and with the folds, there are 3 layers here.
3. Flip the die cut piece over & again using that same line, measure at 1 1/4" and cut the top off.
4. So, this is what the piece looks like at this point.
5. Now cut the corners on the 1 1/4" side, to make the coffin shape like this.
6. Add sticky strip
7. A little more sticky strip along the flap. I know it is in the pictures, but pull the bottom piece first!
8. Here is what the finished pouch base looks like.
$8 Ghoulish Goolies kit and I was able to do two projects for 10 people at a private class with a small amount of materials. LOVE THAT!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and if you like my projects, please leave me a comment and say hi! (((hugs to you)))