Friday, October 26, 2012

10/26 Stampin' Up! Joyous Celebrations ~ 25 Days of Christmas Day 3

Good Morning Friends!

How about another clean and simple share?  If you are making LOTS and LOTS of cards for Christmas like I am, you are going to need some clean and simple ideas!

I did this with my stamp club a few month's ago and my good friend Donna T.  asked me to post this card.  I don't usually post my stamp club creations, but I also want to keep my "clubbers" happy as possible!  :)

So ~ first, some measurements.

Base: Midnight muse scored at 4 1/4", then cut in half at 5 1/2" on the 11" side of an 8 1/2" x 11"  This will give you two card bases that are scored.  (note: I rounded two corners.)  My eye doesn't pick up on that the first time I look at this card because it looks so simple!

Layer 2: Whisper white 5 1/4" x 4", then embossed with the Holiday Frame Textured Embossing folder.  After the class members embossed this layer.  After embossing, they used the corner rounder again on the same two corners.  They took a two way glue pen to the raised areas, then poured dazzling diamonds over the top.  So the oval embossed areas are all super sparkly!

Layer 3:  Is just a 3/8" strip of the Glimmer paper in silver.  This stuff goes a long way!   I think I need to do a short video on how I make my banner ends.  I've gotten some emails about it and it's really quite easy.  You just cut up the middle of your card stock (from the end) then, snip to where you cut.  I'll have to show you that visually as we go on.  It's so easy!

Layer 4: Is a whisper white scrap that is up on dimensionals.  Before punching the scrap out with the Extra-Large Oval Punch, I stamped the frame first with the polka dots, then lined up the sentiment and stamped that.  When I was happy with how it came out I punched it out and added dimensionals.  This is just one case when I really prefer the clear mount, because you can see exactly where you're going when you're lining this up and there's no fussing with a stamp-a-majig.

Layer 5: Is a pre-tied bow from midnight muse stitched satin ribbon.  Most of the time, I will pre-tie my bows for all my classes to make it easy on the ladies who come.  My friend Lee Conrey from Jacksonville makes these nifty little bow makers and it makes a perfect bow every time.  I wouldn't want to tie bows without it.  The class members just use a glue dot to attach the bow and they are good to go!

Inside: I also cut a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of white and did the same corner rounder inside, then we stamped the Christmas tree from joyous celebrations and added a glittery star using the punch from the mini!  Sorry I didn't snap a photo of the inside, but it's pretty cute!  

Before I give the shopping list I just HAVE to tell you that there's a few REALLY BIG things coming from Stampin' Up! I'M SO EXCITED!  So, I've been thinking about holding a customer appreciation event.  Stampin' Up is sort of doing it for me! I've decided to take their ONE DAY SALE and make it even BETTER!

Today, Stampin' Up! has announced to demonstrators that on Monday October 29th, almost EVERY. SINGLE. STAMP. SET. will be available for 15% off!

PLUS! As a personal thank you to all my customers, for every order over $50 I will pay the shipping!  (this is only available through my online store).  If you place the order with me on Monday, we can do it while I'm placing the order.  If you want to shop off the clearance rack as well as take 15% off most EVERY single stamp set, place your order online and I will write you a check for the shipping costs. 

The only exceptions will be Hostess Sets, Bundled Sets and Digital Stamp Brush Sets. Mark your catalogs and get ready to SHOP!  If you know what you'd like ahead of time, feel free to pop me an email.  If you have a card on file I can charge that.

This sale AND my FREE SHIPPING is only good for ONE DAY ~ MONDAY October 29th.
There's another sale happening on my digital studio downloads from October 29th, to November 5th, so stay tuned and I'll share more about that tomorrow. 

Okay, so let's Shop!  Thanks so much for your orders.

Stamps: Joyous Celebrations 128066W 128069C
Ink: 126860 Midnight Muse Ink Pad
Paper: Whisper White and 126843 Midnight Muse
Accessories: 126847 Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon, Holiday Frame Textured Embossing Folder, 102023 Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, 124005 Silver Glimmer Paper
Adhesives: Tombo Multipurpose Adhesive, 100425 2-way Glue pen, 104430 Dimensionals, 103683 Mini Glue Dots

Thanks for stopping by today!
Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager
My Stampin' Up! Store / Tutorials and Planners for Demos
Money Raised for Breast Cancer this month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides

0 comments: