Tuesday, November 20, 2012

11/20 Stampin Up! Merry and Type ~ 25 Days of Christmas Day 20 ~ Cards from Scraps

Good Morning Friends!

It's a short week this week, which means I'll get my hubby AND daughter for extra time to spend with them.  I'll be taking my daughter tomorrow for her (pre-birthday) celebration.  This year her birthday falls on Thanksgiving.  I want to make sure that my daughter loves having her birthday around another holiday, so I really do my best to keep it separate.  She has about $75 in gift cards that she's saved up from her auntie, which she is planning to use towards a "look like me" doll.  What she doesn't know is I've already purchased the doll and it's waiting for her. 

She has an appointment to get her (the dolls) ears pierced and we are going to have a spa style lunch.  Then her $75 is free to use on what she wants in the store!  For me, that's big time spoiling!  She also doesn't know that both of her grandmothers will be there to shop away too!   I'm very excited about it and know that she will be over the moon.  I'm so thankful for her and thankful that in an age when children her age are asking for and getting large ticket electronics, that she is happy with her doll, brushing it's hair and being a kid for a little while longer. 

I'm truly thankful today and every day for my family and my friends.  My stamping buddies who keep me working from home and here for my daughter when she gets out of school.  The time spent doing homework and scurrying to dance class pays off every time I look at my princess.  Thank you to those who choose to do business with me.  I very much appreciate you.  I often think about joining the traditional work force to be able to provide a bit better, but you can't put a price on time spent.

So today's project share is all about not wasting a single thing!  Don't you just love when you used every shred of something up?  So, when I noticed after scrapbook class all the excess space around the sparkle paper that we used on the snowflakes, I sat down to make up some cards and use up every ounce of that scrap.  Here are the three cards I came up with.  One you saw already in day 18, so I'll just talk about the other two.  
Super pretty, right?  I love them all together especially!    

Here is the Christmas tree card from Christmas trees.  

Fairly straightforward card.  I took a very close look at the very small punch and arranged my trees in the same shape as my punch.  I just love these bitty punches from the mini catalog!  All of these cards use always artichoke and Very Vanilla.  That artichoke seam binding is just Gorgeous!  The star on top of my tree of trees is punched from the silver glimmer paper, using the same set of punches.  So darn cute!


For the next card in the trio, I decided to stamp some ornaments using shimmer paint.  Just use a sponge dauber to pick up some of the (champagne) shimmer paint and sponge it on your stamp.  Stamp it on your cardstock and viola, you have a gorgeous shimmery stamped image!

I cut out some of the images, then grabbed my framelits from the ornament set.  Boy did I have fun playing!    Each ornament got tied up with it's own seam binding Artichoke bow.  I took what was left of the shimmer paint on my sponge dauber and used it to add the accents to the card front!  Wicked cool! 
Here's today's shopping list!

Shopping List:
Stamps: Merry & Type Wood mount 122550 / Clear Mount 122552
Ink: Markers in Artichoke and Perfect Plum.
Accessories: Self Adhesive Pearls, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder,

Thanks to those who are placing orders with me for the online extravaganza!  I was so surprised to see some of my favorite things on sale for half price!

Click here to check out what else is on Sale between now and November 28th! (that's the complete list)


Wednesday, November 28, midnight - 11:50 PM (MT)

Page
Item
Description
Retail Price
24-Hour
Sale Price
7
118941 Clear Block Bundle (Blocks A-I
$66.95
$53.56
7
120279 Clear Block Storage Caddy
$16.95
$13.56
175
109127 Stack & Store Caddy
$34.95
$27.96


Shop here or email me so that you don't miss out on the deal that you want! I'll be standing by to help you!

Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager
My Stampin' Up! Store / 25 Days of Christmas Projects!
Money Raised for Breast Cancer last month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides

0 comments: