Monday, November 5, 2012

11/5 Stampin' Up! Occasions Alphabet, Petite Purse Bigz L Tutorial, Candlight Christmas Specialty & Champagne Glimmer Paper ~ 25 Days of Christmas Day 12

Good Morning Friends!

Today I have a very sweet treat purse to share with you.  Imagine getting a little something sweet in this gorgeous packaging!  I love just LOVE little packages, especially ones that have things that sparkle inside! Today's post has a tutorial on how to assemble this very sweet Petite Purse.

 This little purse is SO impressive in person, and it goes together in under a minute.  I even decided to do a little layering.  So, first, I cut my designer paper to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", and with some of the extra to cut a second "flap" for the top.


Step 2 would be to glue the extra flap onto the purse like this.

I have to say, I love how "heavy" this makes the top of the purse and it helps it to sit down and fold up nicely. In the past when making these I had trouble keeping them closed.

Another way to help with that is to take your bone folder and slightly bend the flap (now that it's together) to make it easier for the top to close.
Next, apply a VERY thin line of glue to the side flap on each side of the box.  **Note, don't use too much of the Tombo Multipurpose Adhesive or it will get messy.  Just a little bit will do ya!
Then, I applied just a little more glue and stuck the flap for the handle to the inside of the purse.  This is PLENTY to hold, but if you want a decorative finish, you could punch a hole and put a brad through for extra support.  (wait till the glue is dry if you're going to do that).  I kept mine pretty simple.
When it came time to decorate mine, I wanted a VERY small "merry" on the front, so I grabbed my Occasions Alphabet 117090w / 123598c.  I found "M" is for merry in the mix and just inked up the word I wanted.  I omitted the other words.  Then I punched the word out with the element from the Little Labels Punch Pack 126881~  So Cute!!

It's fun that something so little, could show up so Dimensional!  I added a 1/8" strip of paper, and a glimmery snowflake, from the Snow Flurry Die and just layered my "merry" on top!  I also sponged a little red ink around the frame.  This is so adorable and would make a great package for those "little boxed" gifts on your list!  :)
 

Here's the Shopping list for this project:
Stamps: Occasions Alphabet 117090 Wood / 123598 Clear
Ink:  Real Red Ink Pad
Paper: Champagne Glimmer Paper, Candlelight Christmas Specialty Paper, Very Vanilla Card Stock ,
Accessories: Snow Flurry Sizzix Die 127813, 125606 Petite Purse Die Little Labels Punch Pack 126881

Adhesives: Tombo Multipurpose Adhesive104430 Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!
Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager 

My Stampin' Up! Store / 25 Days of Christmas Projects!
Money Raised for Breast Cancer last month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides


0 comments: