Thursday, January 17, 2013

1/17 Stampin' Up! Oh, Hello ~ Spring Color Combination Challenge

Good Morning Friends!

It's good to be back home!  I created this project for my monthly team meeting which was scheduled the day after I got home.  I love sharing my experience from an event, while it's fresh in my mind.    When I was creating this make and take, I was pretty tired from lack of sleep while I was away.  Yep! I had fun!  I created this card with my all time favorite color combination for spring!

So, here it is:
Here is the project I made for my team to create at the post Leadership meeting. I got this set, Oh Hello for free, as a Manager, I got 4 stamp sets in all to use in my business.  I love new rubbah!

I love that you can get this stamp set also in a bundle with the oval framelits!  Everyone needs Ovals!  Totally!  This is a link to the bundle as well.  I didn't get the ovals yet, I was hoping it would be in one of the giveaways, because we knew we were getting this set!  :)

Anyway, this card is so simple!  First, we took the rose red layer, and embossed it with the cheveron embossing folder.  Then, we took a rose red ink pad to the top of the paper and rubbed it on, direct to paper.

I love how the images layer on the focal point of this card.  First I stamped my big Easter Egg ~ sorry, doesn't the oval look like an Easter Egg??, (also in the Chevron pattern) and layered the ink on top.  I cut the flower out and popped that up on dimensionals.  We added dazzling details using a two way glue pen to the flower.

I always tell my friends who stamp with me that you can have just as much a "WOW" effect from layering your ink as you can from layering your paper.  When in doubt, add another layer!

Speaking of additional layers, did you happen to notice the cute button, bling and ribbon.  I used some leftover scraps to make a small tag (that's rose red seam binding) and then added a so saffron button.  I thought about using paper to make a strip so it looked like a stitch, then added some bling!  :)

Here comes the challenge part!  Why not try this color combination on for yourself?  I'd love to see what you  create!  When you are done, you can email me, or post it somewhere on line and enter your link below!  :)  I bet you can make beautiful things with this color combination!

Selene Kempton
My Stampin' Up! Store

2 comments:

Brenda Marshall said...

Love your card Selene, and loved crossing paths with you at leadership - I was hoping we'd get the ovals too, haha!

Christine Crutcher said...

Thanks for the inspiration - I just added my card! :-)