Friday, February 15, 2013

2/15 Stampin' Up! Hello Kitty Punch Art Box, Oval Framlits, Heart punch, Flower punch, Valentines


Good Evening Friends!  

I made 22 of these cute little "Hello Kitty" Boxes for Alexis to bring to school yesterday on Valentines Day! 


  1. The base of the box is the Fancy Favor Box by Stampin' UP!
  2. I cut the largest sized oval (that's not a scallop) from the new Oval framelits.
  3. Then punch two full hearts and stick them to the back of the oval to make Hello Kitty's ears.   
  4. Next, I took some pretty in pink ink, and sponged it all around my kitty to add some color. 
  5. Her nose is the small oval punch.  I sponged it with Summer Starfruit ink. 
  6. Her eyes are the 3/4" circle punch. I added the eyelashes with a black marker, and the white lines to make her eye's sparkle with a white gel pen. 
  7. The bow, is one of the petals from the flower punch, I cut the bottom of the petal off and it sort of looked like a hershey kiss.  Then I cut the tips off, connected them and added a 1/2" circle on top.  That was all made with the real red glimmer paper.  
  8. The whiskers, I cut on my table top paper cutter.  First I cut strips to 4 1/4" down the middle, then cut 1/8" strips to make my whiskers.
  9. I grabbed my scalloped dotted border punch to make  the handles.  I made them all out of one 12 x 12 inch piece of whisper white card stock.    
  10. The tags for the boxes were so easy!  I just cut them out of the valentine paper which had these gorgeous hearts already cut!  Easy peasy!  I stuffed them with toys and candy (peanut free for one of the children to be safe).
I snapped the two photos with my phone.    Here's a photo of all the handwritten tags for the children.  Alexis wrote them out.  She also cut all the big shot stuff and helped get the packets ready for assembly.  I was up till midnight on the 13th with my big strong hubby who helps me knocking these out!  :)


Here's another view that shows the handle better.  Isn't she cute?!?


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Much Love,
Selene

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a cute idea. thank you for sharing ... will have to remember this for my granddaughter!