Wednesday, March 20, 2013

3/20 Nature Walk, Teeny Tiny Wishes & Floral District DSP Easter Card

Good Morning Friends!

I am adding an impromptu Easter class based on feedback from my stampers!  Easter is a week from Sunday, and it sort of snuck up on me!  I've been a busy little bee with classes, club, scrap booking and private classes.  With Sale-A-Bration winding down tomorrow I wanted to add one more class to my schedule! 

On a personal note, it's been quite a week!  Last week, my mom (72) took a fall walking home from CVS.  She lives about 45 minutes away from me.  

Now that everything is good, I can share the story.  Someone saw her take the fall and called 911.  She took it on the chin and needed a few stitches on the front of her chin underneath.  During the fall, she did end up breaking her left wrist.  


So, when the police dept, fire department and ambulance showed up (God love her) she was embarrassed and refused any help. She was out for her walk and was going to continue on her way home... and she did.  Crazy, stubborn, wonderful lady.  By the time she got home, the bleeding hadn't stopped and her wrist had swollen up so my sister took her to the ER to get her patched up.  Thankfully she got the "green" light and will not require surgery!  This morning she's home with a cup of tea, feet up, and her new waterproof "kelly green" cast to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!  My mom is so cool.  Crazy!, but cool.  Hi Mom, you're rockin' that cast!!  :)

I'm looking at this card on my computer screen and thinking that once again, it's so much prettier in person!  After the eventful week, I went and looked to see if I could find a sketch challenge to get my mojo moving and found this one over on split coast stampers.  What a pretty layout!
When I saw the pretty layout I immediately thought of the floral district designer paper I have here! For some reason, I bought 3 packs, forgot, and bought 3 more!  So I have plenty of fun coming with this DSP (designer series paper)!  It's the perfect time of year to break it out! 

In staying with the colors of the DSP, I inked my flower from Nature Walk, with Baja Breeze and Rich Razzleberry markers.  For me, as long as it matches, I don't mind if my leaves aren't "Kelly Green."  The Happy Easter sentiment comes from my Go-To Stamp Set, Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I sponged almost all the layers.  I thought that the card needed another "use" for the color yellow, so I added a button to the banner bundle at the bottom of the card. 

For my newsletter subscribers, I'm running a mystery hostess event that ends tomorrow.  For more details on that click here!  If you are not on my newsletter and would like to hear from me about specials and classes, you can subscribe there as well (there's a link at the top to subscribe). 

Wishing you all health and happiness coming into this Easter season! 

Love,
Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
My Stampin' Up! Store 

2 comments:

stampingbowd said...

I am just over from SCS. Wanted to read more details!!! Lovely card!! Your poor mom!!! So glad she is ok!!!!! She is ROCKING the cast! :) (I am Ohmypaper! at SCS!

Cheryl said...

I too am over from SCS, and I just love your card for this week's sketch, I had to check out your blog. So sorry to hear of your Mom's fall, but glad she will heal and it didn't require surgery!