Monday, September 9, 2013

9/9 Stampin' Up! Special Season Christmas Card

Good Evening Friends,

My post is a little late today.  On a personal note, the first full week of school was last week, but I have a feeling that this week is going to be a little more intense for my 3rd grader who is quickly realizing that everything that you want to do well is going to take a little bit of elbow grease.  Today is her first day back to dance, she's taking 4 classes this year.  I'm praying that it's not too much for her to handle and tackle her studies too. She has good study habits when she chooses to apply herself. 

Some day's it's hard for all of us to find that get up and go!  So now, I get a few moments to myself and the opportunity to share today's stamping inspiration with you. 


In the spirit of "old school hard work" I thought I'd share this gorgeous, vintage feeling card.  Although the chevron ribbon updates it a little, wouldn't you say? 
Super clean and simple, here are some measurements:
Base layer: Crumb Cake Card Stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Crumb Cake Card Stock 5 1/4" x 4" (same color, but sponged with Chocolate chip ink)
Layer 3: 6" piece of Chocolate chip Chevron Ribbon
Layer 4: Chocolate Chip 4 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Layer 5: Whisper white 4 1/8" x 2 1/8"

The beautiful Christmas Tree comes from the Special Season Stamp Set, and was inked with artichoke and chocolate chip markers.  To make it easy, I stamped the sentiment (same stamp set) from the chocolate chip ink pad.  Here's a peek at this gorgeous Special Season Stamp Set.



I added 2-way glue to the areas that I wanted to catch some glitter, then added dazzling diamonds to the old school lamps that are on this pretty tree. 

So, I had a few people ask about ordering from my blog and on my site.  When you hover and click on any of the products above, it will transport you to my stampin up store.  I try and make it easy for those who want to order to be just a click away.  Thanks to all of you who have chosen me to be your Stampin' Up demonstrator, for those who visit daily, and for everyone who leaves me a little encouragement (comments).  You inspire me to keep posting, so thank you!!  I am very grateful to you all.

That's my little bit of inspiration for today.  Thanks for visiting!

Love,


Selene Kempton

0 comments: