Thursday, February 19, 2015

2/19 Stampin Up, Guy Greetings, 40 Days of Kindness

Good Afternoon Friends,

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday.  I had been thinking about what I might give up for the 40 day's of lent season leading up to Easter.  I found an article online about a lady who did it all backwards last year.  Sounds kind of fun to me actually so I took a peek.  Here's a link if you're interested.  

The idea is simple, instead of giving something up, she suggested we should take something on.  And a lightbulb went off in my head.  Honestly, it's not unlike me to drop a card in the mail, or put a package out to a friend who might be struggling with something, but to do it every.single.day. for 40 days.  That is a challenge. 

The idea just came to me yesterday, and I had a dinner date with my family at our favorite sushi place, so I decided that our favorite waiter (the one we always get), was going to get this unused card with an envelope and a note with his tip.  That is my day 1.  I got a chuckle to see the look on his face.  He looked it over very carefully and his eyes lit up.  To understand that someone appreciates him.  It was simple but very cool.  It truly is the little things and I'm going to keep this going every single day.  Some days I may do just one thing, and others I may send two or three, but I will do it every day until Easter.  Hopefully, I'll be able to bless some folks around me and watch them, as they know how much I appreciate them and maybe, just maybe make the world around me a little easier or kinder. 

The card is one from my birthday stamp a stack last month.  My husband Brian actually helped me design this masculine card.  I wouldn't have made the same choices without him, but I love it!  He said "Guy's are simple ~ you cant keep adding stuff.. " and so we sat down and designed this beauty.  Here are some measurements if you need them. 

Base: Vanilla, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Basic Black 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Layer 3: Vanilla, 5 x 3 3/4
Layer 4: Newsprint 3 3/4 x 2 1/2"
Then just a few scraps for the layers on top.  I especially like the ribbon that isn't where the seam is, it's down a bit, like a belt on a pair of dress slacks.


Thanks so much for dropping by today and if you need it there is a shopping list at the bottom of this post that shows what I used.  Please make it a great day!


Love,
Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach

Thank you for your orders with me  Shop here anytime!
Click here to join my team

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: